(Shuttle, Team Shuttle and Sleeper Shuttle)
NEW for 2017:
Increased Pay Structure (Effective July 10): Higher starting pay and quicker top-out pay
(See individual position postings for more details)
Shuttle drivers play an integral role in serving our customers by transporting LTL freight overnight between service centers throughout our network. Because most shuttle drivers rarely have to touch the freight itself, your job is as simple as dropping, hooking and getting back on the road. Shuttle drivers enjoy daily hometime, while sleeper shuttle and team shuttle drivers are home weekly, which is more than just a little perk for a job like this one.
- Family and individual Cigna medical coverage with two choices (PPO or high-deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription card, and hearing benefits package ALL for as low as $75.70 weekly ($30.55 per week for unmarried individuals), with the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year’s wellness initiatives
- Hearing care benefits
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) plan
- Life insurance and disability
- Wellness programs
- Uniform program - Averitt will provide
- Wells Fargo banking options
- Rider program - legal spouse only
- Flexible spending accounts
- Career advancement opportunities/ promotion from within
- Eight paid holidays (after 90 days of service)
- Paid time off
- Load securement and protection equipment supplied
- Associate discounts on vehicles, computers, etc.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- 100+ Averitt locations at which to safely rest - some with exercise/workout facilities with showers
- Red Thinkin’ Rewards- points based program that encourages you to meet specific performance goals, and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Driver Smartphone app
- Driver Support Specialist
- Available recognition program
- Home daily
- Pay for team shuttle drivers drivers with 5+ years of verified team experience (Effective July 10, 2017):
- Pay for team shuttle drivers with less than 5 years of verified team experience (Effective July 10, 2017):
- 56 cents per mile split
- 58 cents per mile split after 6 months
- 60 cents per mile split after 12 months
- 62 cents per mile split after only 18 months!
- Solo shuttle drivers receive competitive pay depending on domicile and experience.
- Shuttle drivers receive generous gate-to-gate mileage and delay pay.
- Pay based on total, verifiable industry tractor-trailer driving experience within the past ten years.