Interested in a career as a diesel mechanic?
Our diesel mechanics are some of the most talented people in the entire company. And as with every position we offer, you'll be able to learn and grow as much as you want – from company ASE testing to advancement into other positions.
As an Averitt mechanic, you'll be paid according to how long you're on the clock, not just how many hours you spend fixing an issue. You'll work in clean, safe, state-of-the-art facilities while keeping our fleet moving safely and efficiently.
Diesel Mechanic Job Duties & Perks:
- Competitive pay based on how long you're on the clock
- Raises evaluated every 90 days
- Work on modern, low-mileage, private fleet equipment (Volvos and/or Freightliners with Cummins, Volvo and Detroit engines) in clean, safe shop facilities
- Provide bumper-to-bumper preventive maintenance service and/or repair to tractors, trailers and Toyota forklifts
- Use computers for diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Electrical troubleshooting, tire maintenance, minor transmission repair, brake and air-conditioning system repair
- Four-day work week available in select locations
- Uniforms provided and routinely cleaned
Part-time and full-time positions available.