Our diesel mechanics are some of the most talented people in the entire company. They work in clean, safe, state-of-the-art facilities to keep our fleet moving safely and efficiently.
If you're an Averitt mechanic, you'll be paid according to how long you're on the clock, not just how many hours you spend fixing a problem. And as with every position we offer, you'll be able to learn and grow as much as you want – from company-paid ASE testing to advancement into other Averitt positions.
Work conditions include:
- Clean, safe shop facilities
- No roadside work
- Working on private fleet of Volvo's Freightliners and Internationals
Part-time and full-time positions available.
- Family and individual Cigna medical coverage with two choices (PPO or high-deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription card, and hearing benefits package ALL for as low as $75.70 weekly ($30.55 per week for unmarried individuals), with the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year’s wellness initiatives
- Hearing care benefits
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) plan
- Life insurance and disability
- Wellness programs
- Uniform program - Averitt will provide
- Wells Fargo banking options
- Rider program - legal spouse only
- Flexible spending accounts
- Career advancement opportunities/ promotion from within
- Eight paid holidays (after 90 days of service)
- Paid time off
- Load securement and protection equipment supplied
- Associate discounts on vehicles, computers, etc.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- 100+ Averitt locations at which to safely rest - some with exercise/workout facilities with showers
- Red Thinkin’ Rewards- points based program that encourages you to meet specific performance goals, and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Driver Smartphone app
- Driver Support Specialist
- Available recognition program
- Based on location and experience levels.