Our diesel mechanics are some of the most talented people in the entire company. They work in clean, safe, state-of-the-art facilities to keep our fleet moving safely and efficiently.
If you're an Averitt mechanic, you'll be paid according to how long you're on the clock, not just how many hours you spend fixing a problem. And as with every position we offer, you'll be able to learn and grow as much as you want – from company-paid ASE testing to advancement into other Averitt positions.
Diesel Mechanic Job Duties:
- Work on modern, low-mileage, private fleet equipment (Volvos and/or Freightliners with Cummins, Volvo and Detroit engines) in clean, safe shop facilities
- Provide bumper-to-bumper preventive maintenance service and/or repair to tractors, trailers and Toyota forklifts
- Use computers for diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Electrical troubleshooting; tire maintenance; minor transmission repair; brake and air conditioning system repair
Part-time and full-time positions available.
- $2,500 bonus for qualified mechanics ($1,250 at 90 and 180 days)!
- Competitive pay based on how long you're on the clock, not just how many hours you spend fixing an issue
- Raises evaluated every 90 days
- 4-day work week available (select locations)
- Paid time off including 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Uniforms provided and routinely cleaned
- Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $81.70/week for family plans and $32.05/week for individual plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with profit sharing that directs a portion of company profits into your retirement account
- Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
- Based on location and experience levels.