Our diesel mechanics are some of the most talented people in the entire company. They work in clean, safe, state-of-the-art facilities to keep our fleet moving safely and efficiently.
If you're an Averitt mechanic, you'll enjoy a $1,000 tool allowance to supplement your own set. You'll also be paid according to how long you're on the clock, not just how many hours you spend fixing a problem. And as with every position we offer, you'll be able to learn and grow as much as you want – from company-paid ASE testing to advancement into other Averitt positions.
Work conditions include:
- Clean, safe shop facilities
- No roadside work
- Working on private fleet of Volvo's Freightliners and International Prostars
Part-time and full-time positions available.
- Family and individual Cigna medical coverage with two choices (PPO or high-deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription card, and hearing benefits package ALL for as low as $75.70 weekly ($30.55 per week for unmarried individuals), with the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year’s wellness initiatives
- Hearing care benefits
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) plan
- Life insurance and disability
- Wellness programs
- Uniform program - Averitt will provide
- Wells Fargo banking options
- Rider program - legal spouse only
- Flexible spending accounts
- Career advancement opportunities/ promotion from within
- Eight paid holidays (after 90 days of service)
- Paid time off
- Load securement and protection equipment supplied
- Associate discounts on vehicles, computers, etc.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- 100+ Averitt locations at which to safely rest - some with exercise/workout facilities with showers
- Red Thinkin’ Rewards- points based program that encourages you to meet specific performance goals, and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Driver Smartphone app
- Driver Support Specialist
- Available recognition program
- Based on location and experience levels.