Regional Truckload Drivers
Regional Truckload drivers explore the open road across 25 states, but they never have to sacrifice their right to hometime every single week.
You’ll travel mile after mile in the comfort of our modern equipment, and you’ll only be routed to NYC (optional / no Canada) if you choose to. When it comes to needing a good night’s rest on the road, you can safely park at many of our 100+ facilities, and even grab a shower and some time in the exercise room before you head back out. And when you're enjoying hometime, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your tractor and its contents are securely parked back at the service center.
Fleet Manager and Truckload Leadership
We know how the old saying goes - “My dispatcher knows nothing about driving a truck." Well, we’re breaking that mindset by having our fleet managers and Truckload Leadership ride with our drivers for one week periodically. We want them to experience everything you experience out on the open road. Even though many of them were drivers previously, this will give leadership a better understanding of what you do each day. Plus it’s a great time to get to know one another and create a healthy working relationship.
Driver Advisory Council
We’re excited to announce the creation of our Driver Advisory Council. This is a panel of drivers from all experience levels and from all walks of life created to give us honest and direct feedback from a driver’s point of view - after all, they’re the ones doing the driving every day. The goal of the council is to gather concerns and get feedback from our drivers across our network and bring it all back for a healthy discussion with leadership who will listen and make changes as applicable.
- Family and individual Cigna medical coverage with two choices (PPO or high-deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription card, and hearing benefits package ALL for as low as $30.55 weekly for single coverage ($75.70 weekly full family coverage), with the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year’s wellness initiatives
- Profit Sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Life insurance and disability
- Wellness programs
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Rider program - legal spouse only
- Flexible spending accounts
- Career advancement opportunities/ promotion from within
- Eight paid holidays (after 90 days of service)
- Paid time off
- Load securement and protection equipment supplied
- Associate discounts on vehicles, computers, etc.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- 100+ Averitt locations at which to safely rest - some with exercise/workout facilities with showers
- Red Thinkin’ Rewards- points based program that encourages you to meet specific performance goals, and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Averitt smartphone app for our drivers to download; assists with communication & convenience.
- Driver Support Specialist located at our Service Centers to assist our drivers & help with concerns face to face.
- Pay for regional drivers:
- All Southern domiciles & Lower Midwest domiciles (Cleveland, Columbus, Springfield, Indianapolis):
- All Upper Midwest domiciles (Fishersville, Milwaukee, Kalamazoo, Saginaw, Chicago, Morton, Fort Wayne)
- All Northeast domiciles (Winchester, Harrisburg, Hagerstown, Saint Albans)
- If less than six months' experience, please refer to our paid training programs.
- Pay based on total, verifiable industry tractor-trailer experience
- Minimum mileage: dispatches of less than 400 miles are paid as 400 miles
Other Pay Items
- Stop pay
- Breakdown pay
- Layover pay
- Bump dock pay
- Driver Referral Rewards program