Regional Truckload Drivers
Regional Truckload drivers explore the open road across 25 states, but they never have to sacrifice their right to hometime every single week.
You’ll travel mile after mile in the comfort of our modern equipment. When it comes to needing a good night’s rest on the road, you can safely park at many of our 100+ facilities, and even grab a shower and some time in the exercise room before you head back out. And when you're enjoying home time, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your tractor and its contents are securely parked back at the service center.
Why Choose Averitt?
- * Uniformed company with quality people and a culture which includes strong structure and organization.
- * Opportunities for transfer and promotion from within after completion of 6 months in current position.
- * 1,000+ (10%) associates who have been with the Averitt team for 20 or more years.
- * Leading transportation provider since 1971.
Experienced CDL-A drivers who are out 5 days average $1,200 per week.
Pay for regional drivers:
- All Southern domiciles & Lower Midwest domiciles (Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH; Springfield, OH; Indianapolis, IN):
- All Upper Midwest domiciles (Fishersville, VA; Milwaukee, WI; Kalamazoo, MI; Saginaw, MI; Chicago, IL; Morton, IL; Fort Wayne, IN)
- All Northeast domiciles (Winchester, VA; Harrisburg, PA; Hagerstown, MD; Saint Albans, WV)
- If less than six months' experience, please refer to our paid training programs.
- Pay based on total, verifiable industry tractor-trailer experience
- Minimum mileage: dispatches of less than 400 miles are paid as 400 miles; 2 day loads less than 800 miles picked up and delivered will be paid at 800 miles.
- Mileage determined by the Rand McNally Practical Route Guide
- $100 stop pay (not to include origin or destination)
- Breakdown ($14/hr: takes effect after 2 hrs. not to exceed 10 hrs in a 24 hr period)
- Layover ($200 after a 24 hr period- allowed 50 miles)
- Detention ($20/hr after 2 hrs for majority of customers)
- 4 day paid orientation ($756- $828) in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
Equipment & Safety:
- Assigned, safe, well-maintained Volvos & Freightliners.
- All with APUs and 100% automatic transmissions.
- Our equipment has several intelligent safety features to include: collision- avoidance system, lane-departure system, anti-jackknife/ rollover stability system and much more.
- Safely park at more than 100 Averitt facilities, many with on-duty security, fuel pumps, showers, exercise rooms and driver convenience centers with Wi-Fi.
About Our Regional CDL-A Driving Position:
- Primarily southern, southwest and mid-west lanes (25 states)
- Occasional runs to the Northeast (The Northeast is considered to be NJ and PA)
- We do not go into CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, Canada and NY state. (NYC runs are limited and optional)
- Home EVERY Week; 36 - 48 hours at home (with the option of being out longer and averaging higher miles)
- 84% of our Regional Drivers are home by noon on Saturdays.
- 100% NO-TOUCH freight
- PrePass Plus
- Rider program (legal spouse only)
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
- $30.55 per week for single coverage
- $75.70 per week for family
- With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year’s wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Wellness programs available
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Averitt smartphone app for our drivers to download; assists with communication & convenience
- Driver Support Specialists located at our Service Centers to assist our drivers & help with concerns face to face
- Red Thinkin’ Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
Fleet Manager and Truckload Leadership
We know how the old saying goes - “My dispatcher knows nothing about driving a truck." Well, we’re breaking that mindset, many of our fleet managers and Truckload Leadership have rode with our drivers for one week periodically. We want them to experience everything you experience out on the open road. Even though many of them were drivers previously, this will give leadership a better understanding of what you do each day. Plus it’s a great time to get to know one another and create a healthy working relationship.
Driver Advisory Council
We’re excited to announce the creation of our Driver Advisory Council. This is a panel of drivers from all experience levels and from all walks of life created to give us honest and direct feedback from a driver’s point of view - after all, they’re the ones doing the driving every day. The goal of the council is to gather concerns and get feedback from our drivers across our network and bring it all back for a healthy discussion with leadership who will listen and make changes as applicable.