Regional Flatbed Drivers
Regional flatbed drivers travel America's highways throughout the South and Midwest while also getting to be home every single week. You might be hauling steel, lumber or building materials, but never logs, hay, crushed cars, cowhides or trash. When you're out on the road, you can stop at many of our 100+ facilities to safely park for the night, take a shower, or hit up the exercise room to keep yourself feeling healthy. Your total coverage includes 15 states: AL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MS, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA, WV. No NYC or Canada!
Our flatbed service is setting a new standard for our customers and our drivers. Already recognized as the premier professional hauler of dry van goods, Averitt expanded into flatbed operations due to customer demand for the same legendary level of service. We hope you’ll consider being a part of the most service-oriented, professional flatbed team in the nation.
Driver Advisory Council
This is a panel of drivers from all experience levels and from all walks of life created to give us honest and direct feedback from a driver’s point of view - after all, they’re the ones doing the driving every day. The goal of the council is to gather concerns and get feedback from our drivers across our network and bring it all back for a healthy discussion with leadership who will listen and make changes as applicable.
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (Traditional health plan or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
- $35.30 per week for single coverage
- $90.35 per week for family
- With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year’s wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Wellness programs available
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Averitt smartphone app for our drivers to download; assists with communication & convenience
- Driver Support Specialists located at our Service Centers to assist our drivers & help with concerns face to face
- Red Thinkin’ Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Hauling mostly steel, lumber, and building materials
- Assigned well-maintained tractors; Volvo VNL670 & Freightliner Cascadia
- All tractors have automatic transmission & APUs
- PrePass Plus
- Newer, quality trailers with steel frames and aluminum beds
- All load securement and protection equipment is supplied!
- Pay for regional experienced flatbed drivers with at least 6 months' of tractor trailer experience will have a start pay of .48 cpm
- Experienced CDL-A Flatbed drivers average $1,150 per week
- If less than six months' experience, please refer to our paid training programs.
- Company sponsored per diem program.
Other Pay Items
- $15 load secure fee paid on every load (for strapping, chaining, etc.)
- $60 tarp pay
- $30 on re-tarp or un-tarp (in the event of a stop off)
- $100 stop pay (not to include origin or destination)
- $7.50 for a load picked up from yard and required to un-tarp before delivery
- Breakdown ($14/hr: takes effect after 2 hrs. not to exceed 10 hrs in a 24 hr period)
- Layover ($200 after a 24 hr period- allowed 50 miles)
- Detention ($20/hr after 2 hrs for majority of customers)