Regional Truckload Drivers:
Regional truckload drivers explore the open road across 31 states, but never have to sacrifice their right to hometime every single week. You’ll travel mile after mile in the comfort of our modern equipment, and you’ll only be routed to NYC (optional / no Canada) if you choose to. When it comes to needing a good night’s rest on the road, you can safely park at many of our 100+ facilities, and even grab a shower and some time in the exercise room before you head back out. And when you're enjoying hometime, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your tractor and its contents are securely parked back at the service center.
Note: Truckload drivers without the HazMat endorsement must apply within 30 days of hire and will be reimbursed after receipt.
Hazmat & Tanker renewal reimbursement upon receipt. Please note, this is not a drivers' license renewal fee reimbursement, and only the endorsement fees will be reimbursed.
Fleet Manager and Truckload Leadership
We know how the old saying goes - “my dispatcher knows nothing about driving a truck." Well...we’re breaking that mindset by having our Fleet Managers and Truckload Leadership ride with our drivers for one week periodically. We want them to experience everything you experience out on the open road. Even though a number of them were previously drivers, this will give leadership a better understanding of what you do each day. Plus it’s a great time to get to know one another and create a healthy working relationship.
Driver Advisory Council
We’re excited to announce the creation of our Driver Advisory Council. This is a panel of drivers from all experience levels and from all walks of life created to give us honest and direct feedback from a driver’s point of view - after all, they’re the ones doing the driving every day. The goal of the council is to gather concerns and get feedback from our drivers across our network and bring it back for a healthy discussion with leadership who will listen and make changes as applicable.
- Complete family and individual Cigna medical, dental, vision and prescription card plans available at low cost
- Hearing care benefits
- Profit Sharing & 401(k) plan
- Life insurance and disability
- Wellness programs
- Uniform program - Averitt will provide
- Credit union options
- Rider program - spouse only
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Career advancement opportunities/ promotion from within
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days of service)
- Paid vacations
- Driver referral reward bonuses
- Associate discounts on vehicles, computers, etc.
- 100+ Averitt locations to safely rest—some with exercise/workout facilities with showers
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- Load locks provided
- HazMat reimbursement
(must apply for HazMat endorsement within 30 days of hire)
- Regional drivers have the satisfaction of knowing their tractor (with their personal contents) will be securely parked at their domiciled service center when not in use.
Pay Regional truckload with 12+ months experience in the past 3 years
- All pay ranges have the potential to earn ½ cpm fuel bonus
- Starting pay:
40 cents per mile
43.5 cents per mile for Franklin Park, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Columbus, Springfield and Clevelend
46 cents per mile for Winchester, Fishersville, Mechanicsburg, Milwaukee, Kalamazoo, Burbank and Morton
- (If less then 1 year experience, please refer to our paid "Refresher Course" options. Recent driving school grads please refer to our student training program.)
- Pay based on total, verifiable industry tractor-trailer experience within the past 3 years.
- Top out pay is currently 45 to 46 cents per mile (depending on location)
Other Pay Items
- Loading / Unloading pay (Over 90% No-Touch Freight!)
- Stop pay
- Breakdown pay
- Layover pay
- Bump Dock pay
- Driver referral reward program