Regional Flatbed Drivers:
Regional flatbed drivers travel America's highways throughout the South and Midwest while also getting to be home every single week. You might be hauling steel, lumber or building materials, but never logs, hay, crushed cars, cowhides or trash. When you're out on the road, you can stop at many of our 100+ facilities to safely park for the night, take a shower, or hit up the exercise room to keep yourself feeling healthy. Your total coverage includes 15-states; AL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MS, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA, WV. No NYC or Canada!
Our flatbed service is setting a new standard for our customers and our drivers. Already recognized as the premier professional hauler of dry van goods, Averitt expanded into flatbed operations due to customer demand for the same legendary level of service. We hope you’ll consider being part of the most service-oriented, professional flatbed team in the nation.
Driver Advisory Council
We’re excited to announce the creation of our Driver Advisory Council. This is a panel of drivers from all experience levels and from all walks of life created to give us honest and direct feedback from a driver’s point of view - after all, they’re the ones doing the driving every day. The goal of the council is to gather concerns and get feedback from our drivers across our network and bring it back for a healthy discussion with leadership who will listen and make changes as applicable.
- Complete family and individual Cigna medical, dental, vision and prescription card plans available at low cost
- Hearing care benefits
- Profit Sharing & 401(k) plan
- Life insurance and disability
- Wellness programs
- Uniform program - Averitt will provide
- Credit union options
- Rider program - spouse only
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Career advancement opportunities/ promotion from within
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days of service)
- Paid vacations
- Load securement and protection equipment supplied
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- Associate discounts on vehicles, computers, etc.
- 100+ Averitt locations to safely rest — some with exercise/workout facilities with showers
- All pay ranges have the potential to earn ½ cpm fuel bonus
- 1 year experience* starts @ $.40 per mile (top-out in 18 months)
- (If less then 1 year experience, please refer to our paid "Refresher Course" options)
- Top-out pay is currently $.435 per mile
- *Pay based on total, verifiable industry tractor-trailer driving experience within the past 3 years.
Other Pay Items
- Load securement fees paid on every load
- Breakdown pay
- Layover pay
- Driver referral reward bonuses